Lt Colonel Fighting Jack Churchill, aka Mad Jack
- fought throughout WW2 with a longbow and a broadsword
- was also known to bring bagpipes
- he volunteered for the Commandos, not because he knew what they did but “because it sounds dangerous”
- he crawled out of a concentration camp
- about the end of WW2, he commented “If it wasn’t for those damn Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years.”
- atta boy
Ladies and gentlemen meet my new favourite person.
Dear Sweet Baby Jesus I can feel that man’s testosterone here, 60 something years in the future.
This man is the best man. I propose we invent stories about him and pass them on to our offspring, and make him some variety of folk hero. Or Norse god.
You, sir, will have to appear in my comic.
He also carried a bow, iirc.
Only confirmed longbow kill of the war.